Wednesday, 23 August 2017

Sample Request Letter

Request letters are something that one can put to good use when one has to get some job done or wants something from an official. It can be a letter of request for job interview, an application for scholarship, asking for an intern ship, a stipend from the university, etc. You can also write this letter to your team leader in your company to let you apply for an internal job posting or a promotion.

The purpose can be anything ranging from asking for a promotion within your company, asking for a transfer for some personal reasons, asking for some information which you do not have access to, requesting for an interview, requesting a reconsideration, requesting for a recommendation letter.

 Request Letter Sample


From
Jennifer ParkerGrade 10 Student
Section B
Central School N
Date : 05/25/15

 
To

Principal
Central School NNew York NY
Subject : Request for rechecking my Chemistry answer sheet of May 2012 (final examination)

Respected Sir,

I write to you with a lot of hope and an earnest request. I am due for getting inducted in the Air Force on June 30, 2012. However, the only thing which will stop me from joining the air force is my mathematics marks. Sir, I request you to kindly get my answer sheet re-evaluated as I am very sure I had written it well.

I have cleared the National Defence Services Examination and appeared for the selection interview too. I have attached the letter from the Air Force Headquarters along with this letter. If I am able to fetch 60% marks in Chemistry, I will fit into their criteria.

Sir, my future lies in your hands now and yet I can only request and hope for the best. In case, it is not possible for do the needful Sir, I shall remain obliged to you for at least considering this letter of mine.

 

Yours faithfully,

Jennifer ParkerRoll No. 1248

 With this request letter example as a guideline, you can draft your letter and do remember to furnish any documents you mention in the letter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment